Marriage customs and traditions  

Posted by Well! That's the way it is! :)

Recently I was looking at my friends' wedding pictures and I noticed the guy was wearing a suit for the actual wedding ceremony and performed all the rituals. At first I thought it was silly, then stupid then funny.
When I see south Indian weddings these days, they have become very modernized. Gone are the days when the wedding used to last 3 days, well who's got the time anyways. Every body wants to come to India for a Wedding vacation. 'Chat mangni, phat byah'.
The Indian wedding rituals and vows have very deep meaning in them, explaining the couple about the importance of the marital life, companionship and the life ahead of them. I pity people who don't make an attempt to even understand our own culture and traditions, when they have all the time in the world to morph Western cultures.
Start at home is my advice to everyone. People around the globe are trying to understand and learn about India. We being Indians should not neglect our own values.

This entry was posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Perfectly agreed! I hate it when men wear suits for their own weddings! If you cant look good in your own traditional attire what good do you look with the white man's suit??